Monday, April 21, 2008

Goodbye Happiest Place On Earth




Wow, that was an adventure. For those of you who are thinking, "didn't they just go to disneyland?" the answer is yes. We went back in October to celebrate Scottie and Savana's b-day's instead of throwing them both birthday parties. Pretty good idea. We had so much fun that I couldn't wait to go back again. The purpose of this trip was to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday(the big 5-0!!). My younger sister had a brilliant idea to start planning some big surprise for my mom's party six months in advance and my clever husband thought of the idea to take her to Disneyland. She hasn't been for twenty years, when I was nine. Wow, that sure makes me feel old.














She had been twenty years before that with her own father. There are a total of 9 grandchildren. She has wanted to go with her grandchildren ever since her first one was born 10 years ago. This was definetely a special trip for her. It was a little chaotic. How could it not be with 6 adults and 9 children ranging in ages from 10 to 3? We made the best of it. With our luck we ended up being there on a VERY busy and HOT weekend. The temp. was supposed to be an average of 82 and it was 97 the whole weekend. We got lots of great pictures and had a lot of great experiences. Maybe it will be another twenty years before we will be able to do it like that again. It was very rewarding though to hear the joy my mom had when she found out we were going and to actually have all of us make it there. Happy Birthday Mom.....Love you!! .....

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the new blog, and Love that picture of Audrey ans Savanna! That is soooo Cute!

Megan said...

thanks... I'll try to keep up on a little better.