Saturday, August 23, 2008

Savana Starts School



Savana has been soooo anxious to start school. She has been begging to go since Scottie started school. I put her in one of my good friends preschool here in Anthem. Savana's first day was about a week after Scottie's first day and it was pure torture for her. Everyday she would ask 'So, am I going to school today mom?' and I would have to say to her 'not today it starts on Wednesday.' When the next day would come the same conversation would repeat itself. She would get a little upset and say 'you told me it was starting today.' I would reply 'no, not today. Remember I said it starts on Wednesday?' She had no patience the poor thing. On her first day we pulled up and had about five minutes before school started and she says to me 'hurry mom, I don't want to be late.' My friend conducts her preschool in her house so it was just a matter of walking up the driveway and to the door. Her new choice of hairstyle HAS to be the same EVERYDAY with absolutely NO modifications. She wants it in a ponytail at the base of her neck. If I put it even an inch or two above that....well, watch out. So of course on her first day of school this was how her hair HAD to be done. She's never been so paticular and always let me do whatever to her hair until about a month ago when the pony-tail curse started.
School will be really good for her. A couple of her little classmates are really good friends of hers. Each day I see her wanting to just be bigger and I want her to stay little forever. I love her little voice and her big attitude. She is such a sweetheart and just adores her big brother. We love Savana SO much and are SO blessed to have her in our family!!

6 comments:

Joy ~ Kurt said...

So cute Meg! Girls seem like so much for fun than boys! I love my boys, don't get me wrong, but her cute little outfits and hair and shoes, and OH I could go on and on! I am happy for you!
Joy

Danielle said...

YAY Savana! Have fun at Preschool! Audrey is getting SOOO excited! We miss you!

I think Joy wants another baby....

Skeemer Land said...

Hi Vanna,
Your Mom is so right, when I logged on and saw your picture I could see how big you look.
Love Gram

Amy said...

What a cutie, Megan!

Megan said...

joy: I love it!! Girls are so much fun. It's great to have boys though too. Actually it's great to have both!

Danielle: When does Audrey start? It's crazy how big they're all getting! We miss you too!
ps...I tend to agree, I think Joy is getting baby hungry.

Mom: Thanks grams love you!

Amy: Thank you very much. I finally got the totally rad actions and messed with them for the first time on her pic's. Although, it doesn't hurt having such a beautiful model.

Skeemers said...

Aw, hoe cute! She is adorable. Thanks for commenting on our page, we are excited that we are having a boy to!