Thursday, January 17, 2013

Take Note

Alright, my boys.  Take note.  Your Daddy is an awful thoughtful person.  He makes sure we always have everything we need to be taken care of.  He's a very responsible guy and so in turn, he's a very busy guy.  Mommy was born and raised in the great state of Utah!  I had multiple chances to go skiing, but never acted upon it!  Way back when, when none of you were even born yet, Daddy took Mommy to go buy some skis and ski boots.  Daddy was an avid skier when he was in high school.  It was something he rather enjoyed.  So, this was something we were going to try to do together.  Well, as luck would have it, we bought the skis when Mommy was pregnant with Scottie.  We figured I'd get to ski next season.  The snow comes every year.  Well, that didn't happen.  Year after year went by.  Baby after baby came.  Workday after workday came and went.  Life got in the way.  Mommy and Daddy were busy....being a Mommy and a Daddy.  Finally, Daddy devised a plan.  He surprised Mommy with a day long date to the ski resort.  He thought I was going to hate it.  I didn't.  He thought I was going to be miserable.  I wasn't.  I had a blast.  It was hard work and it took a lot of courage, but your Daddy stayed by my side the whole time and cheered me on.  He taught me all I needed to know and watched me give it my best.  We had a lot of fun.  So, moral of the story....boys, follow your Dad's example in everything he does.  He's such a great guy and we're lucky to have him!
Thank you, Scott.  For being so thoughtful by taking me, and being so caring to stay by my side.  Love you!


Funny story, when we got to the resort, we pulled out the gear to change in the parking lot.  Daddy discovered he got the wrong pants.  Well, he had no other choice, but to wear them.  They were a few sizes too small and wouldn't button up, but he made them work anyway.  I got a good giggle out of that ;)

No comments: