Thursday, November 21, 2013

Shooters!

We've had Luke play basketball with the jr. jazz league for the past couple of years.  This year he was invited to play on an accelerated team.  I was a little hesitant after his first couple of games.  I felt like he just wasn't quite ready and may be in it over his head.  I would hear a few muffled comments behind me from onlookers that would help urge those feelings.... "he's sooo small, how can he be old enough to be playing in this league?" "look at his shorts, they look like he's wearing capri's.  They basically touch his ankles."  A little time would ease my worries, though.  He was still lagging in some situations, but for the most part, he started to really get into and be more aggressive.  We knew he knew what he was doing, he just was in a different league than that of which he was used to.  By the end of the season, I had decided it was the right choice for Luke.  I see it being nothing short of beneficial for him.  I really think it will help him far better with his future basketball seasons!


No comments: