Thursday, May 22, 2014

Skillz

One of the things I always look forward to is the end of year dance festival.  Last year we missed out because of Lincoln's whole ordeal in the hospital.  This year, I was uber prepared.  I went a bit early and saved spots on the different sides of the area where they performed.  The kids each faced a different way for their performances and not one of them was close to another.  This was Scottie's last year in elementary.  I know my pictures of him at school functions from here on out will be quite sparse.  I wonder if he'll let me sneak in and get some pictures of him with his teacher(s) on the first day of 7th grade ;)
Luke really impressed me with his dance skills.  I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time he was dancing.  He made this momma proud! His song was a reggae style song. Oh my gosh he's so cute I could just squeeze him!!


Savana stole the show.  She was front and center.   A few teenage girls sat next to me and took notice to me taking pictures of her.  They asked if she was my daughter and when I said yes they said Oh she's just sooo cute!!  She did a great job and just loves to perform!  She performed to a mash up of two surf songs.


Scottie did the coveted 6th grade "thriller" performance by Michael Jackson.  He really wanted to get into and requested we paint his face and tear up his clothes.  He did awesome!  Scott was in charge of the camcorder and got just a portion of Scottie's performance.  Brooklyn was with us but broke free and was on the loose. 

No comments: