Monday, January 25, 2010

...poor girl...



Scottie, Savana, and Luke all bowl in a league on Saturday mornings. This last Saturday we were just getting ready to start practice. Savana went to get her own ball, but when she returned a man turned in front of her. She tripped over his feet, dropped the ball and landed on the ball. She cracked her chin right open. The guy felt horrible. At first I didn't see anything, but knew something had to have happened because she looked like she was in pain. I lifted her chin and saw the big open wound. I knew right away she would need stitches. We ran her over to the instacare in Provo, but there were about ten people ahead of us. Instead we decided to go to the one in Springville where there was only about three ahead of us. They examined it and determined she was definitely in need of stitches.



She was quite nervous. She only shed one little tear when he stuck the needle in to numb her chin. After that, she actually took a little nap. We were so very proud of her



We only got the after pictures. Trust me, I thought about before pictures, but couldn't handle it.
The doc actually suggested we get out the camera and take some photos so I could put it on my blog. At the time, I only had my camera phone and it did the job! He did a good job repairing it. Because he did the finer thread, she ended up getting 7 stitches. We felt so bad for her, but were so proud of how brave she was.

3 comments:

michelle said...

ohh poor baby. Wow she was brave!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

Oh MY!!! We missed an event! That had to have hurt! So Sad! How is she now? Probably back to her cute self... :)

Danielle said...

So crappy! She looks like a little trooper.