Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oasis

We took a little road trip today. Our son Colten was buried in a cemetery in a little town called Oasis.

How fitting.

Oasis can be defined as: asylum, cover, escape, harbor, haven, hideaway, resting place, retreat, safe place, sanctuary, sanctum, or shelter.

It seems so strange to me that it has actually been a year since that inconceivable day. I'm grateful for time. I think that has been one of the biggest factors in allowing me to grieve. I am extremely grateful to be the type of person that heals as time goes on. I can say I'm at peace with the whole situation. I'm saddened, but know there is a bigger picture that one day I will come to understand.

How wonderful that even though our paths shortly crossed here on earth, we can still celebrate the life of our baby boy Colten! Thank you for touching our lives for but a brief moment and helping us to remember what is really important..... F.A.M.I.L.Y



4 comments:

Joy ~ Kurt said...

I remember the day too! It is crazy that it has been a year! Wow! You have such a sweet family. ;)

*~Sarah~* said...

You and Scott are the strongest people I know. One little family should never have to go through so much in 1 year. Thanks for always being such great friends and good examples to us. We love you guys SO much

Skeemer Land said...

Wow, want a sweet post Meg! I hope things will look up from here.......

michelle said...

I love the pictures. I miss you guys! I can't believe it has already been a year. What a rough year. I wish we lived closer to you.
Love ya~