Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Four Months

We celebrated Lincoln being four months old by....doing absolutely nothing BUT cuddling at HOME! It was wonderful. No rush to take Luke to the sitters. No need to lug my pump and pump kit around. No anxious feelings as we pull into the parking lot at the hospital. No need to make sure to get in a few hours of visit before being kicked out.

He was able to sleep in his OWN bed. Not sure that he quite likes it though. Everytime we put him in, he wakes up minutes later wiggling and protesting. I'm trying to figure out if it's the bed, or if he's too smart for his own good and KNOWS mommy and daddy will hold him. Our first night was long. He acts much like any other newborn and wakes multiple times in the night. I think it's a bit of us trying to get to know each other a little better too.

Scottie is so anxious to be able to hold him any chance he gets. Luke and Savana will be keeping a bit of distance since they have a little cough. I'm assuming that's why Savana is giving a bit of a 'tude in this photo.

I think it's fair to say.....he didn't really like his bath. From the beginning, while undressing him, he let me know he wasn't into it. We made it quick. You just can't resist a freshly bathed baby!

It's been a perfect day!

8 comments:

Timmy, Kris, Ezra & Ainsley said...

Oh Megan, congratulations! How amazingly wonderful it must be to finally have him home. He's such a miracle baby and your guys' faith and hope is such an inspiration! I LOVE the picture of the kids surrounding him in his carrier at home...pure joy!!!

Ben and Anna said...

Just a thought....when mine finally came home from the NICU, he couldn't sleep without a little ambient noise, and soft light...after all, that's what they've had thus far in their lives!

mjs ashworth said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy he is home celebrating 4 months. I can't even begin to imagine what you guys have been thru.

You are amazing! Congrats and Good luck, I can't wait to read about all the fun you are having with him home!!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is He!!!! I want to come visit! He is adorable!

oodlesofoversons said...

Welcome home!!!! I have loved reading your blog about the road with Lincoln...brings back a lot of memories. I'm so glad you have awesome documentation of all of that. I saw that you thanked his OT, Annie. I hope it was Annie Miller, the best OT in all of Utah! Congrats, again, on getting the little guy home!

Skeemer Land said...

This is such a joy to have him home where he belongs. All I wanted to do was to hold him without and wires, tubes. Just him. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father for letting him stay on earth. I know he has great thing in store!

Melanie said...

Meg,
I am so happy for you guys. You have such a sweet little family.

Danielle said...

That kid is AWESOME!