Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here I Am

How time flies when you're having fun!! I can't believe it's almost been two weeks since we brought our little Linc home! I CAN NOT put into words the pure and utter joy it is to have him out of the hospital and home with his family where he belongs. We've had a few busy weeks with dr's visits, in-home occupational therapy appointments and doing ABSOLUTELY nothing. The first visit was with our Dr. Berry. The first time he met Lincoln was when he delivered him. He hadn't seen him since. So, we took him in and got them reacquainted. He just wanted to get squared away on his current condition. Then the following appointment, he gave him the gift of circumcision (poor guy!).


We met with the team, nurse and occupational therapist, who will be coming into our home a couple of times a month to keep tabs on his weight and developmental progress. The second visit we had a surprise visit from Annie, his OT while he was at UVMRC. We LOVE her!! Too bad she's not his permanent OT!! I have to throw this little story in just because it's classic!!!.... As we were waiting for their arrival, this last Thursday, I was tidying up the living room. Luke had had a bit of a runny nose. With five minutes to spare, I turned around to find that he had left a snot trail all across the couch. Uh ya...that's what I said, a snot trail, much like that of a snail who creeps along his way. I caught a glimpse of him in action on the last one. He had been bobbing his head down on the couch, then would take a step over to stamp the next clean portion of his canvas. I had to get a wet towel and scrub down the couch. That little trick left the couch wet, which in turn, left me no choice but to admit to our guests what had just happened. I pulled out a couple of chairs from my dining room for them to sit on. Children....GOTTA love 'em.


Lincoln is such a little joy. They acted pretty worried in the hospital about how his long term eating habbits would be. Let's just say, there need be no worry! He LOVES to eat. I've heard it a million times, but they say the babies just tend to eat better once they come home. It's true...it's just true! They're with the ones they love getting constant - consitant care and that makes them flourish. I am SO glad to say that the hospital is in the rear view mirror. I knew it would feel good, but I had NO idea how good that good would be! I seriously just want to stand on top of a mountain and scream my joys!! I'm also just i.t.c.h.i.n.g to get out, go on a vacation and just explore! I feel as though I have just received the gift of sight after being blinded and just want to go out and take as much of it all in as possible. Honestly, this feeling is so undescribable and maybe but only a few can relate to. GIVE...that is the other thing I'm deeply desiring. There were SO many that gave to us and I just want to show them my gratitude. (Hey...if anyone has any unique ideas on thank you gifts, please fill me in). For now, I'm working on his birth announcement...so exciting :)!

So here we lay on my bed, Lincoln and I, as I jot down our history and he kicks and coos.

LIFE IS GOOD

2 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

The pizza sent around lunch time to the nursing staff is always a big hit.

Joy ~ Kurt said...

I'm so happy for you guys! :) Thank you for coming to my shower and I LOVE the giftS you gave me! You are so sweet!!!!!