Thursday, November 17, 2011

Scottie's #10

Ten years! Really, that doesn't seen too much in the span of time, but it really is. To think I've been a mother for ten years now! I can't believe how fast he's growing up. It truly makes me sad. I will have him home with me for less than half of the time he's already been with me :( I was looking through one of his baby books the other day and I just started sobbing. Where does the time go?? He is so independent and most definitely has a mind of his own. Scottie is so talented. I am in awe of half of the things he is just a natural at. We have him in accelerated baseball and basketball right now. He excels at both of them. One of the things I love about him is that not only is he athletic, but he is super intelligent as well! The biggest thing I love about him though is his tender heart. He deeply cares for others and their feelings even if it's not so easy to show at times. Scottie, I hope I am everything in a mother you would ever want. I am so very lucky to have you apart of my life and I wouldn't be who I was if I didn't have you!! Happy Birthday Buddy!

We always like to make sure they get a cake of their own on the day of their birthday and this year I did a few little extras for Scottie.  He loved it!



Scottie decided he was too big to have just a family party this year so he wanted to make it just a friend party. We sent out a few invites to a few of the boys in his class and they met at our house for cake and ice cream followed by a trip to Trafalga. The Invite:


And the cake we had with his friends before we took off for the party.

No comments: