Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


My Mother's Day actually started off on Saturday morning. I went to a photo workshop that was ALL day long. From 9am to 8pm, but I had to leave my house by 7:45because it was in Mesa. So, the night before Scott took Scottie AND Luke(yes, it's true, Luke too) on the Father and Son camp-out. Savana and I had a girls night out. We went to Olive Garden and then Sweet and Sassy where she received a mini-mani. She loved it!
Saturday after the workshop,I got home about 9pm and on the kitchen counter was a card and a vase with roses. Scott was in the living room watching some sports. So, you know what that means, he was not in tune at all with what I was saying. As I walked in the kitchen and saw my surprise I said "Oh, how sweet. Is this card for me to open and read or do you want me to wait until tomorrow?" Well, I received no response and amongst the chaos I went ahead and read it anyway. When I started to thank him and the kids for the wonderful card it sank into him that I had just read it. So he says to me "Hey, is it Mother's Day? No, it's not. So why are you reading your card tonight?" FUNNY could've sworn that I just asked him if he wanted me to read it or not. So he says later on "I didn't think you would go into the kitchen when you got home, that's why I put it out tonight." When does a woman and mother not go in her kitchen? The next morning I was greeted with a plate of crepe's for breakfast. Everyone knows Daddy makes the best crepe's. So, that was wonderful. Next, I got treated by being able to sit up on the stand(I'm the new ward chorister) while he got to wrestle with the kids for half of sacrament. And finally, I got to hear him speak in sacrament. It was great, a very nice Mother's Day treat. He had also planned a nice dinner for me. He went out the night before, filled the propane tank, and bought some steaks to grill. The steaks were awesome!! Very yummy! You wouldn't believe it though, dinner did not include any vegetables. No.....Scott??> ;) That's my man.
All in all it was a really great day. Scott made sure to make it a special day and it was. He did a great job. It's the little things that count, just to show you care and let us know you appreciate us. Love you Scott!!!



After a long day of picking up toys and changing dirty diapers, how can you not look in those eyes and be thankful for EVERY moment you have with them? That's what motherhood IS about.....moments. I am sooo thankful for my children. They are truly a blessing in my life and I couldn't imagine life without them.

4 comments:

brownworld said...

I'm glad that you had such a great mothers day, you deserve it. I had a great day too. Bailee made me runny pancakes that were delicious and Conan took the kids on saturday to get their pics taken. I had to do the play on sunday too so we didn't have a yummy dinner like you guys. But it was a good day anyway. Did you guys get to talk to Kevin?

Megan said...

Yeah, we talked to him for awhile. Sounds like he is doing good. I'm proud of him. It really sounds like he is growing up! Mother's Day was a good day. We really need days like that every now and then!

Danielle said...

Happy Mothers Day, and the pictures are really cute! Way to go Scott- I guess she'll keep you areound for another year!

Megan said...

thanks Dee!!