Friday, October 31, 2008

Carving pumpkins with my PUMPKINS!












I usually get my pumpkins way too far in advance and then they're rotten before Halloween. So, I decided to wait a bit later this year. I do wish we would have gotten them two nights or so before so we could have them a bit longer. We went to a 'pumpkin patch' that was along side the road to pick our very own special pumpkin. It really wasn't a pumpkin patch though that's what they called themselves. It was like one of those lots where you can go get an xmas tree. It worked well enough for us. And the pumpkins were pretty nice too. We also had fun carving them. All three of the kids joined in on the fun and were not afraid to get their hands dirty. Savana kept calling the seeds 'beans' and I didn't want to correct her because I thought it was soooo cute. Scottie made sure he let her know the correct term! Luke got one of his little plastic spoons to try to dig in with. Scottie is going to be Darth Vader so ideally I wanted to carve that for him, but it looked pretty difficult. I thought I'd take the easy road and do Spongebob, but that was actually pretty hard. The one in the middle is Lukes. It may not look like it, but if you peer closely you can see that it's Yoda. That's what he is going to be for Halloween. And last but not least we carved Sleeping Beauty for Savana. I thought that one turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! She, obviously, is going to be Sleeping Beauty. More pic's to post after the big events. Scottie's b-day is tomorrow and we are having a party so I'll be putting stuff up from that too.

2 comments:

Skeemer Land said...

YUM pumpkins.................

Megan said...

they thought that was pretty funny!