Saturday, December 6, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Photobucket

Many people have the tradition of decorating their Christmas tree the weekend or day after Thanksgiving. We do not. We get it up and decorated when we can. Don't get me wrong, my motto is the sooner the better, but it can be a bit impossible at times. Since we've moved to Arizona we've been back to Utah to celebrate Thanksgiving every year but one. So, that usually means we are traveling the weekend after Thanksgiving. Then Scott is crazy-busy when we get home to catch up on anything he may have missed from the week before. He happened to store the christmas tree up in the attic and so yours truly had to climb up there and drag it out. It was not a pretty sight and I was not a happy camper. ALL the kids were happy to try to climb the ladder and hoist themselves up into the attic. I got it all set up and then we waited a few days when Scott had a night free so we could decorate the tree as a family. It is a precious memory....one that I truly love.

Photobucket

Last year Scott found a killer deal on a multiple color, pre-lit tree. I prefer all white lights, but who could resist a brand-new, $25, 7foot tree? Besides I decided if I don't like the colored lights I don't have to plug them in. I could wrap the white ones around.


Photobucket


.....and for the final touch......



Photobucket





2 comments:

Skeemer Land said...

Meg,
Your picture are so inviting. They all look like they belong in a magazine. I would love copies of these pictures. Can't wait to have you here for the Holiday.
Love ya
Mom

Megan said...

Thanks Mom. I can definetely get you copies of the photos. We are way excited for Christmas too!!