Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lincoln's Life

So, how is it exactly having Lincoln home? A lot of people have asked and each time my response is something like..."We're happy, Life's wonderful, Everything is just perfect!"...which is ALL very true.
For a little more in depth detail:
Lincoln sleeps with mommy and daddy. Yes, I know, I said not another child of mine would sleep in my bed. He just sleeps SO much better with us. He will wake up two to three times. Luckily he does really well with breast-feeding and so we take advantage of that at night time. The doc's really want to make sure he still gets the extra nutrition that he needs. That is why we can't fully eliminate bottle feeding. I'm okay with that. We'll do what we need to do and in due time we'll work with what is at hand!

He takes multiple naps through out the day still. He really enjoys his swing and bouncy chair! When he wakes up he wants to eat RIGHT away! He has a few times through out the day that he stays awake for at least an hour or so. He loves to look around and take in all the new things to see and hear. Morning time is his favorite! Pretty much every morning, he'll lay on the bed and just grin and grin. He can get super wiggly in response to his happiness.

Grandma and Grandpa Brown

The first bath I gave to Lincoln, he was NOT so happy about. Now, he thoroughly enjoys bath time! Though, he's not so sure about afterwards when he's cold. I routinely put baby lotion on him and he loves his palms rubbed.

He is a very popular boy!! We have an occupational therapist come to our house twice a month and a nurse once a month. Lincoln has been to multiple routine doctor's appointments, with Dr. Berry, since being home. Everyone in the office loves to see him. This next week is going to be C.R.A.Z.Y. I have a different appointment for him Monday through Thursday.
I still can't believe he's home. Everyday I hold him and just shake my head in disbelief. I'm wondering when they will come in and whisk him right back to the hospital. This boy is SO SUPER kissable! I've had a bit of a sore throat the last couple of days, so I've had to try to contain myself. Let me tell ya... it's not easy!!
We love having Lincoln home and are so glad to be on with our new journey in life!

1 comment:

Timmy, Kris, Ezra & Ainsley said...

I love his CHEEKS! We're so glad you guys are doing well!