Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Auntie

My great aunt Barbara came for a visit from Florida. It's been just a few years since we saw her last. I wish I weren't missing a few marbles because I would've thought of getting a picture of my children with their great great aunt. At least we made sure we got a few shots of just her and photos of her with my mom.

My mom has always felt a special bond with her. Aunt Barbara is my grandma's sister. My grandma passed away when my mom was ten. It's a bit comforting observing aunt Barbara and imagining what my grandma might be like. Aunt Barbara is one of those people that you may not see for years, but feel like no time has passed when you're apart. When my cousins and I were younger, and Uncle Bob and Aunt Barbara would come into town, we always had so much fun with them. We'd be silly and switch their names around then call them Uncle Barbara & Aunt Bob. They got a kick out of that and would play along with us.

I had the pleasure of Aunt Barbara staying at my house, along with my mom, for two days and we enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you so much for the visit!!!


Rest in Peace Uncle Bob!!! I really missed you this visit, but we'll surely see you again someday!

1 comment:

Skeemer Land said...

Oh that is so sweet. Thank you for doing that for me. I love the pictures....Mom