Thursday, January 5, 2012

Luke's First Basketball Team!

Luke was super excited to get onto another sports team.  This go round his sport of choice was basketball.  He had his first game and practice last night.  There was a range of emotions I was having, partially because I couldn't find my misplaced wedding ring, no worries I got it now!  I was enjoying seeing his natural insticts kick in when put out on the court, but I was also feeling a bit of anxiety.  All in all he did a really good job and was such a great team player.  I think he tried to shoot it once, but was mainly awesome at attempting assists!  Luke is probably one of the youngest amongst all these kindergartners.  While a lot of them are either already six or will be soon, he won't be six until July.  He was by far the shortest on his team.  I was a bit worried until I saw the other team.  They had a bunch of shorties just like him.  Somehow our team got stacked with height, Luke being the exception...


I think the funniest thing I heard him say after he played was ..... "Mom, I stole the ball from a girl!"  I had a good laugh, but told him that's what he was supposed to do.  He couldn't give her special treatment because she was a girl, she wanted to play just like him.  So, you gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments: