Sunday, June 10, 2012

Luke's Kindergarten Graduation

My not so little Luke is getting so big.  I can't believe he is going to be a first grader now!  Luke loves school, socializing, sports, anything that makes him a big kid.  He had his kindergarten graduation the day before the last day of school.  He was in the front row so I was able to get some pretty cute pictures. 

 

They performed a variety of songs one of which was "Proud To Be An American."  That got me choked up real good.  Just to sit there and think about our freedoms, the ability to choose what we believe in, and have these little guys waving the American flag around got the tears flowing.  I started thinking about the line that says "I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me."  I personally know of someone who gave his life for our freedoms.  I feel forever indebted to him and his wife, my good friend Brooke, for their HUGE sacrifice.  I have had many friends and loved ones who have served in the military and I am so grateful to each and everyone of them!

No comments: