Monday, September 15, 2008

"Blantet".....formerly known as "ba-ba"


We received this blanket as a gift at my baby-shower for Luke when he was still in my belly. For some reason I got 'gads' of blankets for this baby, who was due in July. It's all good, we loved EVERYONE of them. So, as the days went on and Luke became older he became attached to this blanket in particular. My niece was a HUGE blanket baby too. She was also only interested in one blanket. My older sister, the wise woman she is, gave me the advice to stock up on the blankets while you can. She had to go on a gargantuan hunt for another blanket when her daughters became a bit destroyed. She had a pretty hard time finding one because there were many criteria that needed to be met.
Anyway, I took her up on her advice and bought a blanket here and there. I ended up with four blankets total. I tried very hard to keep them up on the top shelf in his closet for safe keeping and "emergency" situations. Well, that didn't last. If he even got a peek of one up there he had to have it. Even if he already had two in hand. He's not so completely addicted that it has to go everywhere with him or that he wouldn't be able to sleep without it. The times that make me laugh though are when in the very early a.m. hours he comes into our bed and my squinty tired eyes barely open to see him struggling to carry all four blankets. Then, one by one he throws each blanket up on the bed as his little stumpy body follows behind.
They're all born with their own personalities, that's for sure. I love that he's just him and no one can ever take that away. He's so sweet and innocent and I wish they would stay that way forever!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Yep- I get that! Hayden has about 6, and has to have them all, every night.

I think he has emotional problems because he only nursed for 3 months. I guess he'll have to go to the army.

Megan said...

LOVE it!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

I totally understand the Blanket thing too. Braden had a "moon" blanket when he was a baby and HAD to have it always. It was totally THRASHED by age 5 so I went out and bought him another blaket that was bigger and nicer, but still had "mooms" on it and he still carries it around to this day! YES he is 10! I don't mind, it keeps him young... :)

Megan said...

craziness ;)