Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can't Get Enough!

We had the NICU Preemie Reunion this last Saturday. One of the things they asked of us was to bring a current picture of our preemie. So, you can bet I got the camera out and started snapping away.

I keep hearing this song on the radio. Never once did I hear it while he was in the hospital, but I feel it describes how I felt to a "T"

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls:
And I'd give up forever to touch you,
Cause I know that you feel me somehow.
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be,
And I don't want to go home right now.

And all I can taste is this moment,
And all I can breathe is your life,
And sooner or later it's over,
I just don't want to miss you tonight.

And I don't want the world to see me,
Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

And you cant fight the tears that ain't coming,
When everything feels like the movies,
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.

And I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

He was making so many funny faces it was cracking me up! I think he's getting used to a big camera in his face all of the time now. He definitely puts on a show :)


Alright Mom, gettin' a little tired here....this is hard work, you know!

And where are the pictures from the reunion you ask? Oh why, there's a simple answer to that... I had my camera in tow, but as I went to take pictures, I found out I had no memory card! My camera has no internal memory (or at least I haven't figured out how to make it work yet) and so no pictures!

It was fun seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones as well. The kids had a lot of fun. I tell you what, they sure know how to put on a party! There were hot dogs, cotton candy, sno cones, popcorn, brownies, donuts, games, face painting, bounce-houses, and the life-flight chopper.

1 comment:

*~Sarah~* said...

Oh my gosh! Iris by the Goo Goo dolls is mine and eric's song! I just love mr lincoln so much! Scott did such a great job on the blessing. Thanks for inviting us. LOVE ya lots..