Friday, May 28, 2010

Pinewood Derby

This year Scottie was able to participate in his very first Pinewood Derby! The sad thing was that we didn't remember until the night before. Scott rushed home from work and Scottie rushed home from school to hurry and put paint and a number on it.

He didn't place, but he sure had fun participating. Scott and I had a good chuckle to ourselves when we read his ribbon that said "I did my best." Not that there's anything wrong with that. We just though it'd be hilarious if you were the kid that said, "ya, I never got a 1st or 2nd place ribbon. My ribbon always said I did my best."

We had a great experience anyway! He was quite confident that he'd win the whole thing. He's so good at so many things, it's ok if he doesn't win ALL the time. That's a good dose of reality for him.

No comments: