Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TaDa...


I told you there were a lot of changes going on around here. Look at little Linc. Isn't he so handsome? We've called him Dr. Brown before, but now I think he could be called Professor Brown.


Don't look so unsure buddy. Just kill 'em with confidence. Like I've been told a few times, you gotta fake it 'til you make it!

We made a visit to the opthamologist, Dr. Hoffman, up at PCMC on the 6th of August. He gave us some pretty good news. We had been told, at a previous eye appointment with a different doctor, that he had damage to his optic nerve. When Dr. Hoffman did a full exam, he said he saw no damage. He also never mentioned a word of seeing ANY CVI.. This is good news! Our vision therapist has been telling me, the last couple of visits, that she really didn't think he had it either. She said he did show some tendencies, but would be very relunctant to diagnose him with that, there are far too many things he does that would go against it.

However, Dr. Hoffman noticed he is having a hard time with focusing and his eye crossing. He also let us know he's far sided. All of this would conclude he needs glasses. I've had many people ask me, and I wondered myself, how they could tell if a baby needs glasses or not. I'm not going to get too technical here, but from what I understand, they first dilate the eyes. After that, they are able to shine a light into the pupil and depending on how the light reflects back will tell you what their eye sight is. Correct me if I'm wrong...please :) They used a few different gadgets and batta boom batta bing. Lincoln's prescription is +3.25 and from what I hear that's not too shabby.

So, after consulting with a preemie baby momma, I was able to make somewhat of an educated decision on which glasses to get. I'm glad I chose the glasses I did. There was another choice and after explaining the others to the vision therapist, she told me she HATED that kind.

He's supposed to wear these babies full time. HA...I say!! Okay, we'll try our best. He's just too mischevious. He keeps pulling them down and either gets the nose pad thingies in his nose or he pulls them down far enough to suck on them. Good thing they have a one year warranty :)

I tried a bit ago to feed him baby rice cereal, he wasn't so sure about that. I think I need to mess with the consistancy. If he's anything like his father, it's the texture that's getting him! BUT we did try sweet potatoes two days in a row and the verdict is in....


He liked it, it's written AND smeared all over his face!! Full tummy=happy baby

It's okay baby...there's always more where that came from!

Luke was eating his lunch at the same time. He wanted to be extra cautious and make sure he didn't get any food on his shirt.

Why use your hands ??

FYI...I stick by REAL close when he's eating these little pinwheels. And, he DOES use his hands LOL

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

It does NOT get cuter than that. PERIOD. I can't believe all the cuteness in this post! I'm gonna give a shout out to Baby Mum-Mums in the pinwheel section! Crew LOVED them and they seemed to be very manageable for him, dissolved easier, long, thin, big enough to manhandle. We loved them. Oh, but BACK to that beautiful little bespectacled face! MUUUUUUAH!!!

Sally said...

Hey Megan! What an adorable post. Just what I needed today (you saw my status). Mason was also going cross eyed sometimes and always closing one eye whenever he looked at things close up. Far-sighted was the final verdict. PS, You got it spot on in your description as to how they diagnose their vision. Our Opthamologist explained it to Mason as he went. Well, we are off to choose our glasses now!

Cory&SadieK said...

Lincoln looks so dapper in his little glasses and I love that tie bib. It's pretty hilarious. It's amazing that there is no damage to his eyes. He's really a miracle baby-probably because he has such great, loving and faithful parents!